Sunday, June 5, 2011

2nd June 2011

Probably one of the many wonderful days of my life. I'd been kissed! Haha. Kissed by my own passion and dream of what I dreamt of being when I grow up,. So, the day went running quite early, I woke up at 4 am! Buzzing here and there, checking in on foursquare so happily like I've never did it before. And oh well the place that I'm going is actually the Airasia Academy, yes it is, pilot wannabe! I went there with my pilot pal wannabe, Nazrin.


     So, summarising the story, I had 4 tests in 6 hours! Physics, Math, English, and IQ. The fact that my calculator was not approved to be used for in the exams somehow didn't create a setback for me as I was so passionate to complete the papers with fully trusting on my brain and nothing else but only that! So, luckily both the calculation related papers, I managed to complete them on time! And at lunchtime, how wonderful it is to have your lunch surrounded with trainee pilots, air stewards and even the flight instructors!

    The only downside that day was the IQ test I think. 20 questions in one hour, I tell ya it should be 20 hours, the questions were top of the scale of difficulty, I can't even think straight at that time. But, still I just hoped something miracle will happen.

    So, after all the papers were done, the man of the day which I think is also a pilot told that this is just the first stage of the pilot selection. There are stilll these further stages which I will have to go through if I passed this stage and the upcoming stages:
                                      - Stage 1 : Objective Papers Test (currently)
                                      - Stage 2 : Interview
                                      - Stage 3 : Psychomotor Test
                                      - Stage 4 : Meeting with the Board of Directors

    So yeah, those are the stages. And I heard that out of the hundreds that qualify to go for this selection, they only need in about 10 people to be selected to be their pilot crew! Which I must say its a golden seat for those that will be selected, as the selected ones will be sent to Canada to do all the training and learning for one and a half year. So I just hope that I would get the golden seat!

    Wrapping this day up, I'm still smiling thinking about that day. I didn't do anything extreme to be super happy, but this experience, being at the academy myself, taking my first step in living up my dreams, is worth more than anything. And I realised that, doing the things that we love with such passion makes the job to be so easy. In two weeks time, the results of the tests will be known by email, and lets keep the faith and hope that I'll qualify to the next round!

p/s : Actually there are more to be told, but I just cannot express it deeply here. I'm sure I'll be talking for
       hours if I speak about this!

3 comments:

Shi Hao said...

All the best again Aiman! It's gonna be a dream coming true isn't it? :)

theboyy said...

happy for you man! can really see your passion. :)

Arsengal said...

Thanks guys!